Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: San Onofre

One doesn't have to 'shoot' it into our star - but if we were allowed
to build a 'breeder' plant the waste would be transformed into fuel.

Other countries have them in use but our 'do stuff always wrong ECO
types' screamed to loud. Shame on them. Now store it all over the place.

The fly ash is used in cement and in 'cinder-blocks' a cement block
for building. It is a common thread with the greenees - don't solve
something, prevent it in the first place and go back to the bad old days.

Martin

On 6/9/2013 7:24 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/9/2013 7:11 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 19:07:30 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I have often wondered why the nuclear waste is not shot off into outer
space.

My guess would be cost. Much, Much cheaper to just stick it in a hole
in the ground.

At the moment it is, but not when it has to be dealt with later.

And for that matter, the cost would be countless times more reasonable
that the cost of sending astronauts up there. Shoot the waste out
there and the problem of down the rode costs is solved. We are not
really getting a worth while return on the investment of sending
astronauts up there.

I can assure you a politician is getting paid for letting his state
accept/be paid for housing the materials. Shoot the waste into outer
space and the politician gets nothing.