Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Enclosing AC unit/condenser

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 16:54:42 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

Just had a new central AC unit installed. The condenser was installed
within a cutout corner section of my wood deck. I want to enclose it for
aesthetic purposes, but am fully aware to provide sufficient airflow. My
plan is a screened lattice which will be removable for service. Is
lattice sufficient enough for airflow?

If enclosed on two sides while the rest is open is no problem. If the
lattice is fairly open and a little distance away, still no problem.
Be sure the leaving air is free to go too. If you restrict the fan
you are adding load.