Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Enclosing AC unit/condenser

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 13:58:42 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote in
Re
Enclosing AC unit/condenser:

On Jun 9, 4:54*pm, Meanie wrote:
Just had a new central AC unit installed. The condenser was installed
within a cutout corner section of my wood deck. I want to enclose it for
aesthetic purposes, but am fully aware to provide sufficient airflow. My
plan is a screened lattice which will be removable for service. Is
lattice sufficient enough for airflow?

Why didn't you ask the installers? I would say it depends on
how close and what kind of lattice. The air needs to get in from
the sides and exit from the top. Anything that impedes that or
that results in the hot air wrapping around and coming back in,
is going to impede that.

Yes.