Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.mechanical.engineering
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default When shopping online for bearings, how do you decide onQUALITY?

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 08:16:41 +0000, Danny D wrote:

Now that I know what to aim for ...
... I can go *anywhere* to buy the right bearing.

BTW, the local Autozone can get them in 2 days special order for
$14 per bearing while the local Kragan/O'Reilly has them for $6.50
each (National PN 203FF).

I also found out that there is an additional noise rating for
Electric Motor Quality (EMQ) noise standards:
1. EMQ (ZV2) low noise (in CN standard or C3 loose radial play)
2. EMQ2 (ZV3) very low noise
3. EMQ3 (ZV4) extra low noise (usually in P5 tolerance)
http://www.nskf-bearings.com/bearing..._bearings1.htm

That page also says two of the best quality manufacturers are NSK-RHP & SKF, so
that rounds out the top brands to at least these:
a. FAG
b. Koyo
c. Nachi
d. NSK-RHP
e. SKF
f. Timken

So, the goal is the following electric motor bearing QUALITY:
Trade size 6203-2RS, 52100 chromed steel, two Buna-N seals, no shields,
ABEC3 / ISO P6 tolerance, P25 / C3 radial play, EMQ / ZV2 noise levels
preferably FAG, Koyo, Nachi, NSK-RHP, SKF, Timken or equivalent brand name.