Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Latest Project

Leon wrote:
On 6/9/2013 11:54 AM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
The new SawStop is performing well and is extremely smooth. No issues
other
than I have not yet had a chance to get my stuff back under the right
extension table so nothing is where I expect it to be. As I
suspected the
black color shows all the saw dust, quite a stark change from my old
white
Jet. One thing that I could suggest as an improvement would to put a
switch on the internal dust cover door that has to be swung open to
change
blades. It is hard for me to remember to close it and sawdust goes
everywhere inside when I forget. If the saw motor cover door or the
belt
access door are left open the saw will not start. I think the same
should
be true for that dust cover.

Anyway at least one of you thought that I may not be busy, eh Mike? I
am on
my second paying job since getting the SawStop and have at least 4
projects
waiting in line. I am just finishing up on a unique sewing cabinet.
The
customer wanted an elevated book case with doors and on top of that a
short
platform to set a 50" tall sewing spool cabinet, which she supplied. I
designed and built the lower cabinet and the upper cabinet behind spool
cabinet. The unit is about 94" tall..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8991167821/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8992363858/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8991171141/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8992367050/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8993185484/

Great workmanship! I don't see why the spool cabinet and the bookcase
needed to be physically attached, but I suppose one shouldn't argue
with the customer bout what they want!

Not sure why you would not see why they would be attached, the spool
cabinet would easily topple over when you open the doors.

No, I thought the spool cabinet should basically be anchored to a wall.

I won't go into detail about what I learned from your photos--but I did.

Thanks for sharing!
Bill

Thank yoou