Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Latest Project

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 9:23:16 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
I have to think the maker probably used some style of gang boring accessory on his DP. There are in excess of 400 dowels.

Actually, it doesn't take too long to drill the holes, using a simple jig. My thread racks have about 250 pegs, angled 15 degrees, so the spools don't easily slide off. My dowels aren't glued in, either, which makes for easy replacement if one breaks. They're 3/16" in diameter, small enough to hold bobbins, also, under the large (same color thread) spool. A neighbor does alterations, uses smaller spools, than I. I made her rack, also, a couple hundred pegs.... however many fit onto the allotted space. Open front (no doors), wall mounted framed rack, not cabinet type racks.

Sonny