Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sales@alkayandecor.com is offline

Default wood floors

On Friday, June 24, 2011 4:41:36 PM UTC+3, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 24, 7:38*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:

We had a party for our daughter yesterday. The high heels of one her
friends did serious damage to our 3-week-old engineered wood floors. Is
this normal? Seems like high heels should be taken into account. Some
areas look like they took a BB gun to it.

That's because there's an incredible amount of force generated by the
tiny contact area - on the order of thousands of pounds per square
inch, and your daughter's friends heels were worn down so that the
metal support rod was exposed. The manufacturer of that engineered
floor does take high heeled shoes into account - read the manual/
installation instructions and you will see the disclaimer.

Too bad about the floor. You'll notice those marks less over time as
the floor exhibits its inevitable wear over time. It's like the first
ding in a new car door - it really hurts.

Hi
we are a company that operates in Saudi Arabia
too bad we are in different district other wise we could help you by proposing a solution from Chemical company called Chimiver.
it will revive the parquet & reduce the effect that the scratches leave on your wooden flooring.
visit our website where the kink is there & maybe you can find the product at your country.
www.alkayandecor.com