Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.mechanical.engineering
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default When shopping online for bearings, how do you decide on QUALITY?

On Jun 8, 8:43*am, Danny D wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 22:49:12 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:
QUESTION: How do *you* choose your replacement bearings online?

I just buy the cheapest ones... cuz price the only thing that matters.

I'm leaning toward a mix of that from you & that from dpb,
which is to buy the cheapest reliable brand-name bearings.

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 22:49:12 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:
QUESTION: How do *you* choose your replacement bearings online?

I just buy the cheapest ones... cuz price the only thing that matters.

I'm leaning toward a mix of that from you & that from dpb,
which is to buy the cheapest reliable brand-name bearings.

My comment "I just buy the cheapest ones... cuz price the only thing
that matters."

..... was facetious.

When I buy bearings...

I apply "Cost of quality vs cost of non-conformance."