Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.mechanical.engineering

Default When shopping online for bearings, how do you decide on QUALITY?

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 15:43:43 +0000 (UTC), Danny D
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 22:49:12 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:

QUESTION: How do *you* choose your replacement bearings online?

I just buy the cheapest ones... cuz price the only thing that matters.

I'm leaning toward a mix of that from you & that from dpb,
which is to buy the cheapest reliable brand-name bearings.

After over 45 years of buying parts for all kinds of machinery I
have developed a tactic that works well for me. Never buy the cheapest
or the most expensive unless you have fewer than 3 options.