Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: San Onofre

"Leon" wrote:

I wonder if California's over the top restrictions and regulations
are the
source of the problems.

This was driven by the feds (NRC).

SCE finally realized they were not going to be able to stonewall
this one away.
I mean really, my new yard sprinkler which
is also
sold in California has to have cancer warning labels because
something in
it may or may not cause cancer in "1 in 1,000,000,000,000" test
critters.

The regulations seem to be so far fetched and absurd that a
"legitimate"
producer simply can not operate and make a profit. So what you end
up with
is a business environment that is too hostile for production. As a
result
it appears that the ones that do operate under the "California
restrictions" and are producers of "whatever" probably hide the
fact, or
not, that they have to cut corners at every possible step. And
because of
the over bearing restrictions the businesses that could possibly do
better job and make a sustainable profit simply feel that life is
too
short to do business in California. This leaves you with the type
of
businesses you rant about, those that don't care about their image,
those
that will lie and hide what is really going on, those that do what
ever it
takes to make a profit and ride that pony for all it is worth until
it gets
caught.

I believe for many years Californians have believed that they live
in
heaven, a place where every thing can be made perfectly safe, clean,
and
with out hazard.

May I assure you, they are not in heaven and they are the
recipients of
enormous amounts of deception.. They have been sold a bill of goods
which
they cannot afford.

Is there an echo chamber in here?

That's the standard line we keep hearing from the chief idiot sitting
in your
governor's chair, when he trys to raid a few marginal businesses under
the
guise of a "trade junket".

Regardless of all the bitching, California still has an economy that
is in the
world's top six economies.

Must be doing something right.

Lew