Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus29060 Ignoramus29060 is offline

Default Recovered my M927 truck

On 2013-06-08, wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 21:29:57 -0500, Ignoramus29060

On 2013-06-07, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:51:55 -0500, Ignoramus29060
wrote:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-l...607_122827.jpg

It was jump started prior to my arrival, I just drove it on my
beavertail trailer in 6WD low. No problem. It looked pretty new to me,
we could not believe it when we saw it. The batteries are dead 100%
and it would not restart. I am going to Chicago right now (as a
passenger) with the truck in the lowboy trailer.

Based on the milegae etc etc..it IS a new truck. Thats how the
government does things.

You did very very well!

Thanks. I will see how it goes. It seems to have a few problems, the
driver's door stopped opening, the ABS light is on, and it seems to
drop air pressure in the airbrake system. The first and last one I am
sure will be an easy fix. The ABS, I am not so sure, you can drive it
without ABS, just brake lightly to avoid wheel lock-up, and avoid
tailgating.

If you know HOW to drive, driving without ABS does not require making
any adjustment to your driving style. Just don't lock the brakes.
Same as driving a pre-ABS vehicle.

THis is how I always drive. I just replaced the rear brake pads for the
first time in my pick-up truck, at 88,000 miles. The front brake pads
were less than halfwork and did not need replacing.

I almost never brake hard, I do not need to, I keep the distance and
drive on cruise control, pleasantly contemplating stuff, instead of
being glued to the gas pedal, weaving in and out of traffic.