Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default 3/4 or 1" PEX??

On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:39:49 -0700 (PDT), jamesgang
wrote:

And $750 to replace 25' of buried poly? Either there is more to this story or they say this guy coming.

Sounds reasonable to me. What is the cost of bringing out a piece of
equipment to trench? To rent a trencher is about $200 a day. How
deep is the trench? Where I live, it has to be 4 feet so that means
trenching 4 1/2' and laying in gravel. You have to bring a trencher,
bring the gravel, so some digging. Truck payments, insurance,
workman's comp insurance, etc. etc.

Oh, don't forget to run a tracer wire with the plastic pipe so it can
be found later.