Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default another government designed gas can rant

"Guv Bob" wrote:
"Danny D" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 15:35:11 -0700, Bob F wrote:

You speak for the whole Pacific coast????

They elected me spokesman!

PS: Actually No. They didn't elect me. So I was just speaking for
myself, on the Pacific Coast. Sorry for the mis-identification.

It just burns me up that I can't burn wood, for example, on
those spare-the-air days; yet it's as windy as the top of Mount
Everest for me on some of those days because I face the ocean
winds. They make no correction for location sometimes.

So, sorry for being overly expansive on my comments.

I'll bow out on the topic.

Don't bow out, Danny. Your posts are some of the best!

If you're west of LA, there's not much smog. The wind during the day is
mostly from the west and carries the HC from the refineries and NO from
freeway. About 2-3pm, anywhere east of LA is smoggy. Not nearly as bad
as in the 60's and 70's, but still can be bad.

First time I entered the LA basin, I got hit with the ozoney smell. I
remember it well. Never had that particular smell elsewhere. Kind of miss
it.

Greg