Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default When shopping online for bearings, how do you decide onQUALITY?

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 11:50:34 -0500, dpb wrote:

Fafnir, Federal, New Departure, Timken, SKF, NSK

Thanks for the SKF/VXB pointer, as I need about a dozen bearings,
and all I want is to make a wise choice.

I can find VXB 6203-2RS bearings for about $2; and the SKF bearings
go for $14.27 at Grainger & $6.19 at usabearingsandbelts.com.

The $2 bearings scare me (mainly via FUD); but the $20 bearings
at the pool stores just make me mad (price gouging).

Still, I'm not sure *what* a 62032RS bearing generally goes for,
given the 10x pricing range I've found simply by googling.

Buying by brand seems reasonable, if no other factor is
available.

I had previously somewhat narrowed the list to the following:
FAG, SKF, NSK, INA, TIMKEN, KOYO, NTN, NACHI, ZWZ, HRB, LYC, ABT

But I have *zero* experience with bearings; so that's why I
had asked.