Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default When shopping online for bearings, how do you decide on QUALITY?

On 6/7/2013 11:33 AM, Danny D wrote:
Q: When shopping online for bearings, how do you choose which to buy?

Given the same 6203-2RS bearing sells online for anywhere between
$1.21 to $18.99 per bearing, I ask those who have actually bought
motor bearings before ...

QUESTION: How do *you* choose your replacement bearings online?

I base on what the application is and what was the original.

Higher loadings and/or higher risk/cost of failure equates to using a
known vendor (SKF or like, say and the associated cost). For
inexpensive stuff or low loadings I've found the VXB stuff to be
adequate and good value.