Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.mechanical.engineering
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default When shopping online for bearings, how do you decide onQUALITY?

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:33:20 +0000, Danny D wrote:
Given the same 6203-2RS bearing sells online for anywhere between
$1.21 to $18.99 per bearing, how do *you* choose between bearings?

As a specific example, the 6203-2RS double-sealed bearing is a common
bearing for automotive and engine use; but very few online ads state
the manufacturer, and even fewer list the ABEC/ISO quality rating.

I can call each one, but there must be a better way.

I don't know which brands are better than others, and googling shows
a plethora of manufacturers, e.g., ASK, BCA, Bearings Limited, Bones,
Fafnir Torrington, FAG, Federal, GBC, Hoover, IKO, INA, KBC, Koyo,
Nachi, New Departure, Norma Hoffman, National Precision, RHP, NTN,
NSK, MRC, RHP, SKF, Steyr, Timken, & UBC.

Do you know which of these is considered a "good brand"?

Unfortunately, price isn't all that helpful (you never get what you pay
for - you get what the market will bear - and the market is filled with
idiots as well as savants) - as the survey below shows the same size
bearing for $19 at pool supply stores, down to $15 at Granger, down to
$2 at a variety of supply houses.

Since I need about 10 of these bearings, the result ranges from $20 to
almost $200 for my bearing replacement needs.

QUESTION: How do *you* choose your replacement bearings online?

Here is a quick result of a survey of the wide range of bearing prices
for the same size and description bearing (62032rs ACA3 ISO-P6):
$1.21 Ebay ABEC3
http://compare.ebay.com/like/1308439...pes&va r=sbar

$1.60 brandx
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PRO...FStyQgodc3oAZg

$1.66 brandx (stainless steel is $10.40)
https://wbcindustrial.com/search/products/62032rs

$1.75 brandx
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/0474389

$1.82 Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/6203-2rs-Premi.../dp/B00ALF1XMI

$1.99 Amazon vxb
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BBK3YY/...2BBK3YY2547988

$2.23 brandx
http://www.rcbearings.com/individual-bearings/62032rs

$2.77 brandx
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/6203-2RS10-1

$3.02 brandx
http://store.58cycle.com/All_Balls_6...pn-62032rs.htm

$3.95 Ebay
ebay.com/itm/6203-2RS-62032RS-6203RS-BEARING-17mm-x-40mm-x-12mm-/360259671063

$4.00 brandx
http://wetheadpumprepair.com/10-pack...s-ll-bearings/

$4.99 brandx
http://oempumpstore.com/store/pump-m...eals/productld