Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Karas[_2_] Michael Karas[_2_] is offline

Default Finding A Power Supply Schematic

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article ],
says...

VGA is not all that bad.

Isaac

I am inclined to agree that analog VGA can be pretty good. A lot depends
upon the quality of the cables, its lengths and how well the video
controller outputs are terminated.

Since LCD type panels will digitize the analog signal anyway there is
also a lot that can be done on a decent monitor regarding how the signal
is sampled.

In my personal experience with quite a variety of different LCD monitors
attached to an almost equally diverse array of different video driver
implementations I have both situations. In some instances where an
analog VGA to DVI direct comparison was done there was virtually no
discernable difference. On the other hand there were examples where
there was a distinct difference in the displayed image - even on a
monitor that had both DVI and analog VGA connections fed the same
content from the same video controller.
--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions