Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Phil Allison" wrote in message ...
"Arfa Daily"

TBH, I took it as a rare flash of comedy from Phil. I thought it was
just 'tongue in cheek'?

The only interesting "flash" from Phil would be spontaneous combustion.

You are much too forgiving of Phil's grotesque misbehavior,
simply because he is extremely knowledgeable about electronics
and electronics servicing.

It is he who created the problem with his beyond-rude behavior. Neither
I nor anyone in this group is obliged to tolerate it or remain silent.

But in this case, I really think that it was just his way of expressing
tongue in cheek humour. Perhaps it doesn't translate into American?
British and Australian humour are very similar.

** Of course it was intended as humour.

Of course it wasn't. You are emotionally disturbed person who says
whatever he likes because he knows he can get away with it.

I see the same thing in every UseNet group. Person A attacks person B, and
when B defends himself, he's jumped on as the cause of the problem. Human
beings are moral idiots. They tolerate bad behavior, then blame the
victim.

Phil is clearly /capable/ of doing serious harm to someone (though whether
he actually would is unknowable). When it happens, everyone in this group
will say "Oh, gee, I never suspected. He was just making jokes." Yeah,
sure.

Phil is not a lighthearted clown. He has emotional problems. And if you
can't see that, if you think the rude, nasty things he says are "just in
fun"... What can I say?

I really am having some problems with understanding this. As you very well
know, me and Phil have had our spats on here, some very vitriolic. Yes, he
can be an odd person and just 'go off on one' sometimes. Obviously, on those
occasions, the things that he posts are certainly not "in fun", and I'm sure
that he would be the last one to pretend otherwise. But hey-ho, that's life
in the rough and tumble of usenet. For all his inter-personal faults, I
still respect the depth of knowledge that he has on a variety of subjects
under the 'electronics' banner. That has nothing to do with forgiving or
otherwise. It's just a fact. I obviously know that you have had some equally
bad exchanges with Phil over the years, but feel that you can't move on from
them, and that's fine.

But where I am having the 'real' problem here, is why you are calling him
out on the "Tears" response that he made to the comments I posted regarding
his technical ability. I know that subtle humour often doesn't translate
well into American, but this was quite clearly an "Oh shucks!" tongue in
cheek humourous response. Try as I might, I can't detect any malice in it. I
really think that you are seeing this from the wrong angle ...

And implying that I am too dumb to able to tell the difference ...

Well, what can *I* say ?

Arfa