Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default another government designed gas can rant

"Guv Bob" wrote:
"Danny D" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:11:42 -0500, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

'OSHA-approved metal safety container'

Nice can ... but ... expensive:
* List Price: $122.78
* Price: $63.98 & FREE Shipping

I need about 10 5-gallon gasoline cans.
How do you think that round can stacks up against the
Nato-style Jerry cans such as these?

$40
http://www.lexingtoncontainercompany...erry-Cans.html

BTW, these $55 Amazon Nato-like cans "say" they're CARB compliant.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZ51JTQ

Does that mean they stink?

If you're not here in the Peoples Republic of Calif, there's no reason to
try to find CARB or AQMD approved cans. They are only concerned with
hydrocarbons in the local air. The weather conditions here are ideal for
creating smog and gas fumes are the number one ingredient. I still think
these type of new cans is not the way to go. I got an electric mower
several years ago and couldn't be happier and if I need gasoline, I just
siphon it from the gas tank into any old jug I have laying around.
Always good to have a nice pair of jugs around, eh? LOL!!

I like those funny looking gas pump gizmos, and I still get gas all over
the place when I hang up.

Greg