Bay Area Dave

Default OT - middle ages?

hmm...my newsreader doesn't have Larry's post in this thread
that you have quoted, Leon.

to Larry: The president is elected for four years under the
premise that if we do OUR job to elect the best person for
that top job, he will carry out his oath of office, which to
my recollection, mentions nothing of taking the pulse of the
man on the street, before acting in accordance with his best
judgment and those advisors that he has hand picked to make
his tenure in office as successful as possible. To act only
to appease the public would create havoc. The public is
swayed by the liberal media and really has no business
trying to run the country by demonstrating in the streets or
calling in to talk shows, or writing their petty complaints
to their local newspaper. The voters can make an adjustment
at the next election.

dave

Leon wrote:

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

It's not the president's job to poll every Tom, Dick, and
Harry, to decide what's right. Since he was elected, let
him do the job as he sees fit.

We elected a president, Dave, not a dictator. Are you saying he
has the right to ignore treaties (and, some would say, the
constitution)?

Some might say ignoring the constitution,,,, but the Democrats would be all
over that if that were true.