Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Default The IRS Scandal.

On Jun 6, 12:02*pm, Tom McDonald wrote:
On 6/6/2013 8:04 AM, wrote:

On Jun 6, 6:34 am, Tom McDonald wrote:
On 6/5/2013 7:46 PM, wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:07:11 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 6/5/2013 11:34 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 19:52:48 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 6/4/2013 7:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:53:59 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 6/4/2013 11:46 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 11:55:52 +0100, "Alex W."
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 19:36:20 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

snip

How in the hell are you going to force dumb asses to eat healthy food?
Pass another law to make us force feed them? Geez! O_o

Who said anything about forcing them?

Making sure they have the education and the information to
make a genuinely informed choice about their food shopping
and intake is enough -- market forces will take care of the
rest.

Idiot. *Market forces *HAVE* taken care of it. *They have *CHOSEN* to
eat crap so that is what is offered.

Which is a very good argument in favor of providing healthy, fresh and
tasty food in schools, building community gardens, and using vacant land
in cities for small commercial truck gardens.

So it'll go uneaten? *Good idea!

Oh, and what you will really hate even more, government and private
charity PSAs and educational programs about health, healthy eating and
fitness.

Showing again what a ****in' idiot you are.

One of the main reasons to have a government at all is to counteract
harmful effects of market forces.

Bull****. *Where is that in the Constitution? *Show me. *Now.

It's not in the Constitution,

So you admit that IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S JOB. *Good, at least we
have that out of the way.

you moron (or moran, if you're a
Teabagger).

Idiot.

It's a rationale behind any modern democratic/republican
government. Read a book, will ya?

Bull****. *Read the Constitution, will ya? *Of course you won't.. *You
don't like it and want to see it abolished. *Idiot.

BTW, I was wrong to say it wasn't in the Constitution.

You *certainly* did, you lying sack of ****.
* * *"It's not in the Constitution"

See Article One, Section 8, which includes:

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several
States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Reading the Constitution that "liberally" one can justify *anything*,
including concentration camps. *You really are a dumb****!

I'm really surprised you didn't come up with the "general welfare"
bull**** you idiot lefties usually do, though.

You know, the Commerce Clause. In the Constitution. Of the United States
of America.

You really are a dumb****! *Proven.

Wow! *A twofer. *You really are a stupid ****!

Interesting, then, that the Commerce Clause was used exactly the way I
said it could be used--to curb the excesses of the market. The Sherman
Anti-Trust Act, for example, was enacted to keep monopolies from
distorting the market.

But maybe you're a brain-dead libertarian or Neandertal conservative who
thinks the market takes care of itself for the benefit of everyone. In
that case, I can only shake my head and walk away.- Hide quoted text -

Free markets have hundreds of years of history of them
taking care of things far more efficiently than govt. *If I
don't like an Apple product, I can go buy someone else's
PC, phone etc. * Where do I go instead of the IRS?

Unregulated 'free markets' remain free just as long as it takes some guy
or combination of guys to figure out how to subvert it for their own
benefit. Then it stops being free.

The only counterbalance to that is government.- Hide quoted text -

The economic history of the last several hundred years from
around the world says you're wrong. If I don't like an iPhone or
a Ford car, I can buy a Samsung or Toyota. If the IRS is abusing
me, or the Labor Dept is busting my balls, where do I go instead?