Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_5_] dadiOH[_5_] is offline

Default Looking for ideas, experience, etc.

On 6/6/2013 2:03 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
-
Two thoughts;

If you wanted to use sliding doors, go to a wider track and make the
doors thicker. That should take care of the binding problem.

And in a similar configuration as the above cabinet, I have seen a roll
top used to cover the TV. The only problem there is that when the roll
top is raised, that there be enough circulation in the cabinet so the TV
doesn't overheat. It wouldn't take that much to do that. A couple vent
holes, etc. Besides, modern flat panel TV's do not put out the heat that
the old CRT TV's did. Any way, I have seen this approach used twice.
And it was very good looking. A lot of curious people just had to lift
the roll top just to see what was behind it.

Thanks, I had forgotten about rolltops. Certainly a possibility.

dadiOH