Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Looking for ideas, experience, etc.

"dadiOH" wrote in message ...

I'm working on plans for a cabinet I am going to build into a niche between
two rooms. The space for the cabinet horizontally is like this (VP= 3/4"
vertical partition)

left 11"
VP
center left 6 3/4"
VP
center (for TV) 39 1/2"
VP
center right 6 3/4"
VP
right 11"

For a total of 78"

The center and two outside compartment widths have to be at least what they
are now; the left & right center widths are fudgeable as they are for
CD/DVD jewel cases.

How about doors on the two outside spaces and create slide out pantry type
units for the left and right center spaces. For example

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2028552...6#.UbDS5_m1F8E

Do you have room for a slide up (or down) door in the center? You'd need a
deep cabinet to hide a barrister type door...

John