Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 12:08:49 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

My simple test is explained he
http://sound.westhost.com/absw.htm
.... Phil

Nicely done. I'm surprised that you didn't hear any pops and clicks
as the input capacitors charged and discharged when hit with random
points on the audio input waveform.

Once upon a time, I worked part time for Federated Electronics in Smog
Angeles selling hi-fi equipment. I was paid on a commission basis, so
selling certain items were preferred. At the top of the high
commision list were big custom speakers. Near the bottom were the
numerous commodity amplifiers and integrated receiver/amplifier boxes.
I took one of the big speakers and attached a very low end AM/FM
portable radio to the speaker. A few hundred milliwatts was
sufficient for demonstrations. It actually sounded quite good.
Customers would inevitably ask "What's playing". I would then pull
the little radio out from behind the speaker. After the initial
shock, I preceded to lecture on the importance of proper speakers and
how they should purchase speakers first. If there was insufficient
money left, the need buy only a tolerable amplifier and radio. I made
quite a bit of money on selling high commission speakers, until they
changed the commission structure to slow me down. Grrrr...

The store also had an amplifier and speaker demonstration switch
board. It was a real switchboard, with heavy cables, and big
electrical panel type connectors. To discourage customers from
tinkering, nothing was labeled. My hearing is far from perfect, but I
could not tell the difference between any of the better amplifiers.
There were huge differences between speakers, but not the amps. Even
after hours, when I could turn up the system full blast to check for
high level oddities, I couldn't hear any differences. I did find some
really cheap amplifiers that failed in various ways, but once above
the low end junk price level, amps were much the same.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D