Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramp's shop[_2_] Gramp's shop[_2_] is offline

Default Quick review -- Incra box joint jig

On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 10:32:30 PM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
Gramp's shop wrote:

Bottom line first: Creates accurate, repeatable finger joints with

little opportunity for operator error.

Pros: relatively easy set up with good print directions and a nicely

done DVD. My test joints were a tad loose, but the spacer is

adjustable in 0.001 increments and with a bit of fiddling was able to

create snug-fitting joints. Good attention to safety with a shield

that covers the blade (or bit if you're using a router table).

Cons: I tried to use their chart for creating an odd number of

fingers using 1/4 inch dado and somehow ended up with an even number

of fingers. Since I am behind on delivery on this project, I decided

to go forward with the less than desirable finger configuration for

the five drawers for the jewelry armoire. (My daughter won't mind and

my wife didn't notice). Methinks I need to read through this section

again.

Larry

What??? You read the intructions first? No wonder you're having problems.

Go buy the Guy Book at your favorite bookstore...

--

-Mike-

This was the first time I actually looked at any instructions for anything I've ever purchased. You're absolutely right ... and I'll never make that mistake again.