Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Kenmore Model 33 dehumidifier won't turn off

I've worked on more than a couple residential dehum which do not have a freeze stat.

And, one time I worked on one (hanging from the ceiling of a commercial property's cellar) where the freeze stat was unclipped from the line, and hanging free. They had been turning the unit off every couple days to thaw. I clipped the freeze stat back on, and put on some tape and tie straps to help keep it in place. I'm guessing some ignorant person unclipped the freeze stat.

A creative person could use a thermostat of the proper temp range, to act as a freeze stat. Set for about 40F, it would allow the coils to be cold, but not frozen.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...

If the temperature sensor does open the contacts when the temp gets
down to freezing, then why were you having the original problem of the
unit not shutting off/ cycling on and off before it iced up? I'm
confused (happens more frequently the older I get)g.