Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat5 - Shielded or not

On 06/06/13 09:16, RzB wrote:
All,

Many thanks for all the responses - very helpful and much food for thought.

I think I will probably end up going the fibre route. I have never used that before so it will be interesting and something new!

When I do it in a couple of months time I'll try to remember to post back here with the results.

Roy

The chief problems with fibre are terminating it, and the fragility of
the fibre.

A pre-made length installed very carefully in smooth ducting should be OK.

http://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/1260...Media/V1.F5086

I think an ethernet bridge of fibre is easy to get the bits for.

http://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/fi/1...Mbps,Switched/

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.