Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default another government designed gas can rant

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 21:25:30 -0700, Guv Bob wrote:

If you're not here in the Peoples Republic of Calif

I am

there's no reason to try to find CARB or AQMD approved cans.

I was told by CARB that all states now must meet CARB
requirements. I didn't doublecheck that statement but it was
told to me by Angus in Sacramento at 916-445-4686.

They are only concerned with hydrocarbons in the local air.

My point is that we should insist there be requirements
for how the gasoline gets *out* of the can, in addition to
the existing stringent requirements for how the gas stays *in*.

The weather conditions here are ideal for creating smog
and gas fumes are the number one ingredient.

Out here on the Pacific Coast, there's so much wind, smog
doesn't stick around.

if I need gasoline, I just siphon it from the gas tank

Mine has anti-siphon protection.
I thought all modern cars did?
What kind of car do you have that doesn't?