Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Quick review -- Incra box joint jig

Gramp's shop wrote:
Bottom line first: Creates accurate, repeatable finger joints with
little opportunity for operator error.

Pros: relatively easy set up with good print directions and a nicely
done DVD. My test joints were a tad loose, but the spacer is
adjustable in 0.001 increments and with a bit of fiddling was able to
create snug-fitting joints. Good attention to safety with a shield
that covers the blade (or bit if you're using a router table).

Cons: I tried to use their chart for creating an odd number of
fingers using 1/4 inch dado and somehow ended up with an even number
of fingers. Since I am behind on delivery on this project, I decided
to go forward with the less than desirable finger configuration for
the five drawers for the jewelry armoire. (My daughter won't mind and
my wife didn't notice). Methinks I need to read through this section
again.

Larry

What??? You read the intructions first? No wonder you're having problems.
Go buy the Guy Book at your favorite bookstore...

--

-Mike-