Posted to alt.home.repair
John Albert John Albert is offline

Default another government designed gas can rant

On 6/5/13 12:33 PM, Frank wrote:
Bought a new 2 gallon gas can as my old government designed
can had a cut, leaky seal. New can looks same as the old
can but they added child type safety cap to spout where you
have to squeeze and twist. Took a pair of pliers for me to
open. Fortunately I found what tabs to cut off to defeat it
in the future. These cans spill more gas than the old ones.
Now this.

Damn the EPA.

http://ezpourspout.com/wp/ez-pour-pr...hi-flow-spout/

If the above isn't sold in your state, this one probably is:
http://ezpourspout.com/wp/order/order-water-spout/

Same product, just molded in a different color.

I have an old 2.5 gallon plastic gas can that originally had
a flexible rubber spout. Over time, the seal on the inside
of the spout wore down, and the thing leaked when I tried to
pour with it. The "water spout" above fixed the problem.

They're available at Tractor Supply (no financial interest,
other than that I bought one there). They come with 2 caps,
one _might_ fit the can you currently have.