Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan[_2_] Moe DeLoughan[_2_] is offline

Default another government designed gas can rant

On 6/5/2013 11:33 AM, Frank wrote:
Bought a new 2 gallon gas can as my old government designed can had a
cut, leaky seal. New can looks same as the old can but they added
child type safety cap to spout where you have to squeeze and twist.
Took a pair of pliers for me to open. Fortunately I found what tabs to
cut off to defeat it in the future. These cans spill more gas than the
old ones. Now this.

Damn the EPA.

Bless OSHA, for they have provided an escape clause.

Do not shop for a 'gas can'. Instead, you want to purchase an
'OSHA-approved metal safety container'. They're exempt from the EPA
and CARB regs. Yeah, you'll pay more, but you'll get a quality can
that actually pours like it should.

Example:

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-U2-51-S-.../dp/B000BQO15I