Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default another government designed gas can rant

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:33:41 -0400, Frank wrote:

These cans spill more gas than the old ones.
Damn the EPA

What brand did you buy?
Did you complain to their customer support representative?

In my past phone conversations with Pat Moyer at the now-defunct Blitz
(918-540-1515 & 877-922-5489, pmoyer at blitzusa com), I was told they
were given stringent requirements that the gasoline stay *in* the can.

Point is: There was no requirement to let the gas *out*.

In more recent conversations with CARB (800-242-4450), and specifically
with Angus at 916-445-4686, I was told that all states must meet the CARB
requirements for the gasoline to stay *in*, and only six companies have
met those requirements.

But again, there is no similar requirement that the gasoline come *out*.

I've come to conclude that the real issue is for us (yes, you, me, Oren,
DD_BobK, Trader4, Attila, SMS, Stormin, Nestork, GFretwell, Ed Paw, Daring
Dufas, Dan E, Kurt U, etc.) to request that there be a spec for usability.

Yes, it's "our" fault that there is no spec for usability!
(Actually, it's their fault; but it's our fault for letting them get away
with it.).

I don't know whom to write, but, if you guys do ... please publish the
contact information of whom to call or write or email to request that
there be a similar spec for the gas to come *out* of the can gracefully.