Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Fear of radiation worse than radiation...

On 04/06/2013 18:14, harry wrote:
On Jun 4, 9:46 am, The Other Mike
wrote:
On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 09:30:55 +0100, Farmer Giles wrote:
"VIENNA - A reactor meltdown could occur within one hour if a commercial
passenger jet hits a nuclear power plant, according to a new Greenpeace

More lies spread by the greens to force their ****ty agenda down the craws of
mankind. Greenpeace, FoE and FIT parasites are by far the biggest threat to
life on earth, far bigger than any terrorist threat.

I'd zap them all in an electric chair powered by nuclear power, the sooner the
better as with useless wind turbines polluting our country we might run out of
surplus for this essential task.

--

So you resort to abuse when shown evidence you don't like?

Remember Greenpeace's 'evidence' that Brent Spar contained 5,500 tonnes
of oil?

However, the quote Farmer Giles gave was not an accurate assessment of
what the report said. Yes it said that there could be a worse release of
radiation than at Chernobyl. Yes it said that a nuclear plant might be
attacked by ramming it with an airliner. However, the two events were
not linked. The massive release of radiation was in the scenario where
the plant was under military attack and was subjected to a sustained
artillery barrage that destroyed not only the containment vessel, but
also caused widespread damage to the safety, control and backup systems.

Where they go into the realms of Brent Spar is with the assertion that
this would result in a China Syndrome core meltdown, which did not
happen at either Three Mile Island or Fukushima. Of course, the report
was written in 2005, so they had no actual knowledge of what would
happen when a nuclear power plant lost all its backup systems.

Colin Bignell