Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Disabled Nation: Record 10,978,040 collecting disability payments

On Jun 4, 11:23*am, Norminn wrote:
clipped

It's not a joke, been there done that. I didn't want Social Security
Disability. All I wanted was some help with medical care but after I
was turned away from the county hospital, I became sicker and sicker
until I could only work a few days a week. I was turned down too and
a lawyer went to bat for me getting me on disability and Medicaid. I
supposed it came just in time, I had a massive heart attack the 10th
of May and spent 19 days in the hospital. The paramedics saved my life
and there is no way I could ever thank them enough for what they did
for me. It turns out I had several problems that could have been
mitigated if I had received care when I tried to get it but I have the
wrong skin color and I'm not a Mexican. I'm just glad to be alive. o_O

TDD

Dufas, what you describe of your experience is what has been going on
for decades.........folks who get no medical care until their condition
is severe and very, very expensive. *What folks don't realize is that
they are being "robbed" in many ways by NOT having a single payer
system.

Single payer has nothing to do with the above.

*So we wouldn't get a hip replacement or bypass surgery for six
months as opposed to next week? *Big damn deal...lose some weight,
research alternative treatments

I see, so according to you with a single payer system people
will be having to wait for 6 months to get treatment. And I don't
know of any credible medical authority that believes weight loss
is an alternatve to bypass surgery. Good grief!

and you might find you don't really need
it, or may not benefit from it, or might even die from it.

More likely you're going to die on the 6 month waiting list.

Those with
true emergencies probably get it done right away.

How comforting. If you have a true emergency, which
obviously doesn't include bypasses, you "probably" get
treated right away. What happens to the other 20, 40%?

Canada has a great
malpractice system.

Last time I went in for a physical, the doc offered to sell me a
colonoscopy (I have no risk factors or family history of colon cancer).

So, what's supposed to be wrong with that?

* He didn't even do the "complete physical" he charged Medicare for, nor
did he take my history to find out what risk factors I actually have.

If you're doctor doesn't know your history, your risk factors, then
it's time to find another doctor.

There is a drug store on every street corner and ads by pharm companies
running constantly.....without side effects of over-prescribed drugs or
unnecessary surgery, a lot of docs would have to find a second job.- Hide quoted text -

Most of those doctors are part of Medicare, your own, which you
obviously don't like, included. Medicare is a single payer system.
So, what exactly is your point again?