Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Square Foot garden

Lonesome Dove wrote:

-snip-

We've gardened for about 60 years now. We tried his method when
his first book came out. It's okay but we like our own variation
of container gardening. I built some stands 3 feet tall. I then
adapted the "Walmart" tub garden to a TSC 40 gallon rubber
livestock watering tub. And set those on the stands. No stooping,
no weeding, just plant, water and harvest. We do not buy veggies
anymore. Haven't for years. Oh, rabbit **** is the only
fertilizer. Use it hot or cold.

Here's where our idea came from: http://earthbox.com/instructions

+1 on the Earthbox idea- so far. My first one went out 30 days
before I was comfortable putting tomatoes in the garden, and is 60
days ahead of the garden.

I followed these for my 'Self-watering container'-
http://www.seattleoil.com/Flyers/Earthbox.pdf

Jim