Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony SL-2700 Betamax

"Smarty" wrote in message ...
On 6/3/2013 7:15 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Because the following comments are so ad-hominem, they require a response.

Might I ask you to explain, for example, how putting a 90 degree phase shift
onto any of this audio would remove the ambiguity of front versus back? And
yes, I am aware that some but not all of the competing matrix schemes using
+/- 90 degree phase shifters in the rear made such specious claims.

Read the patents.

2. "Whether purity is good or bad, the electron beams have to land
/somewhere/. In a B&W image, it might not matter much if red winds
up on blue, blue on green, and green on red. The result will be
/something/ approximating a shade of gray."

These are not the logical or technically insightful comments of a degreed
E.E. regardless of claimed honor society memberships.
These are the statements of someone who does not understand
how either audio channels or CRTs work.

In fact, Arfa said the same thing. But you didn't attack him, because you
perceive him as an expert.

You may know how to read and quote others, but I would LOVE to hear you
explain technically how either of your hair-brained interpretations ACTUALLY
WORK from an engineering perspective. Any legitimate engineer who knows
these topics correctly could NEVER BUY INTO THIS BULL****.

Hair-brained? You mean hare-brained.

You are criticizing something you don't understand, that you have rejected
without consideration.

I was a member of Tau Beta Pi and shudder to think that other members of
this prestigious society could be so entirely clueless.

No comment.

I also am surprised you are not or were not a member of the IEEE.

One merely buys one's way into the IEEE. It is not honorary.

You don't have to be a graduate EE to join. I entered as an undergraduate,
around 1967 (which is pushing 50 years), and remember a special issue on the
Fast Fourier Transform, which was then coming into common use.