Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Square Foot garden

DD_BobK wrote:

-snip-
This a totally viable option for gardening.
Sunset did some articles a while back.

http://www.sunset.com/garden/fruits-...0400000043335/

While I think the raised bed premise has merit- I take exception with
their headline;
"How to grow veggies in 2-4 square feet"
When what they are showing is beds that are 2-4 feet square.
[4-16square feet]

http://www.sunset.com/garden/fruits-...0400000062826/

Corn isn't a good choice for raised beds-- though it might be
adaptable to square-foot gardening.

http://www.sunset.com/garden/fruits-...0400000044403/

a bunch of container/raised bed gardens.

I've toyed with switching over but my garden is already setup &
functioning and it seemed like extra work to change methods.
If I were starting out or starting over in a new space, I'd definitely
do it.

This year I haven't had time to really 'garden' -- but I made a
~1.5x3' earth box & it holds a tomato plant and a couple cukes. Looks
promising so far.

Jim