Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Repairing a broken magnesium mower deck

Joe Gandalf wrote:

Well, I am unable to find any new Lawn Boy 2-cycle mowers. Every
4-stroke mower I have owned weighs a great deal more than this old
machine. Since we end up picking it up to mow raised areas, weight is
important enough to make this a "must repair". Spending the money for
a new deck is not in the picture, either.

You are right about her being a keeper, so if she says this mower need
to be fixed, well...

We also have a Wheel Horse, but need the pusher for tight spots. OTOH,
we are looking into getting a ZTR to replace the Horse. I tried to
talk her into letting me use the finish mower I have for my 4WD
Mitsubishi, but she won't let that beast anywhere on her lawn -
something about ag tires and a heavy machine, whine.

This Lawn Boy is a 1975 model, BTW. They don't make 'em like that
anymore!

Is there a local Freecycle group? Ask for one, if there is. The
same with Craig's list or any free local ads. Hell, even Ebay has got
into local ads. Someone may have one in a shed, or garage and they
don't bother to list it, thinking no one wants it.

http://www.freecycle.org/
http://craigslist.org/
http://www.ebayclassifieds.com/