Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default wavetek waveform generator model 75 no response :-(((

On Jun 3, 5:29*pm, "David O'Dell" wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks in advance for any help on this. *I'm a high school physics teacher and I came across this device in a surplus warehouse and I'm hoping to get it working if possible. *It is a wavetek brand waveform generator model 75.

the device turns on but the LED display panel is all black blocks and no digits. *I've read the manual and tried the reset procedure of hitting setup 3 times, then f2 and then f3 but there is no response even during this process. *I have measured the signal from all of the outputs and no response.. *I really hope this is a common problem and is fixable, this would be a very meaningful device for my students in our classroom.

has anyone had experience with this problem on this or a similar device before?

thanks!

dave

Do you have access to a voltmeter and an oscilloscope? I would
contact the manufacturer and explain to them that you are a teacher
and need some help in fixing one of their products for use in high
school classes and see what they offer to do. Tell them even a
schematic would help, but only if they don't seem very helpful.