Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

On 6/3/2013 5:30 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Smarty" wrote in message ...

As a newcomer to this group, I hesitate to be a contrarian
or appear to be in any way argumentative or disagreeable.

You didn't hesitate to do it to me. Don't pretend to be "diffident,
modest, and shy", because you aren't.

I have never claimed to be modest or shy, and those who know me would
certainly not categorize me in that manner. As for diffidence, I have a
healthy amount of self confidence in what I say based on an excellent
education and a vast amount of experience.

I do push back when I see a combination of unsupported technical
mumbo-jumbo, particularly when it arises from ignorance, arrogance, or a
combination of the two.

In your case, both attributes are stunningly obvious.

And on the subject of obvious, since you are apparently a fan of
Sherlock Holmes....

The observation of how a black and white image is perturbed by
magnetization can and probably is the cause of your confusion. "There is
nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact" said Holmes in The Bascomb
Valley Mystery". You, William, are easily deceived, and cannot separate
fact from your own technically ignorant notion of how things actually work.