Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

"Smarty" wrote in message ...

As a newcomer to this group, I hesitate to be a contrarian
or appear to be in any way argumentative or disagreeable.

You didn't hesitate to do it to me. Don't pretend to be "diffident, modest,
and shy", because you aren't.

I don't have as much experience servicing TVs as others in this group. But I
have noticed that impurity is less visible with a monochrome signal than a
color one. Clearly, the visibility will vary with all the factors stated, and
possibly some we've missed.

I can understand your confusion about this point, and it is a point of
confusion I share. But I must remind you of what Sherlock Holmes said, that to
speculate without data weakens the mind.

To argue about what is or is not theoretically visible is a complete waste of
time, when a simple experiment would resolve the issue. (And if anyone reading
this thinks I will slide the yoke on my 13" Trinitron to see what happens --
they are mistaken.)