Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Swamp cooler problems

" wrote in
:

On Jun 3, 8:56*am, KenK wrote:
Problems with swamp cooler water distribution. One of three pads
getting little water. Tried pushing a small snake through the tubes
and they seem to be clear. Evidently the water distribution hub is
plugged up. Anyone have any ideas to clear it without disassembling
the whole distribution system? Temps are well above 100 and will get
worse as time goes on. I'm

78
with back problems. Anything other than hiring ($$$$) it done?

All I can think of is to remove the hose and screwed in connecting
tube from the hub and try to poke a wire into the troubled tubes. I
don't have much faith in that idea and it will be very difficult to
get at.

Suggestions? Probably no easy way.

TIA

You need something acidic to dissolve built-up crud. Try vinegar
first, then stronger stuff if that fails.

I have a gallon of distilled white binegar. Say put the cooler pump in a
baking pan, add three cups of vinegar, turn on. Better yet, as some one
else suggested, plug the working lines to concentrate the vinegar where
it is needed.

Problem I see is that quite possibly the house will smell of ninegar, or
if that doesn't work, perhaps swimming pool acid, for a few months. I
don't think the vinegar or acid will harm the pump, pads, etc. when it
gets mixed into all the cooler water.