Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default Swamp cooler problems

On Jun 3, 7:56*am, KenK wrote:
Problems with swamp cooler water distribution. One of three pads getting
little water. Tried pushing a small snake through the tubes and they seem
to be clear. Evidently the water distribution hub is plugged up. Anyone
have any ideas to clear it without disassembling the whole distribution
system? Temps are well above 100 and will get worse as time goes on. I'm 78
with back problems. Anything other than hiring ($$$$) it done?

All I can think of is to remove the hose and screwed in connecting tube
from the hub and try to poke a wire into the troubled tubes. I don't have
much faith in that idea and it will be very difficult to get at.

Suggestions? Probably no easy way.

TIA

You might try using an arts-and-craft pipe cleaner in the hub. Since
there is no electrical/mechanical mechanism in the hub, it basically
has to be a clog. I would start by cleanning the hub as good as can
be, then crimp off the known-good lines. This would allow more water
pressure thru the bad lines. Hopefully this helps dislodge the
blockage.

Of course, this is easier said than done, if you're on a hot roof, or
up on a ladder. Good luck with it.

Robin