Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_17_] Doug[_17_] is offline

Default Apartment maintenance workers are dumb

On Sun, 2 Jun 2013 20:10:26 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Dean Hoffman[_13_ Wrote:
;3072319']
I get a kick out of the customer's response sometimes when I tell them
what the culprit was. "I thought that might be it". Yeah, right.
Some wouldn't recognize the failed part if it jumped up and bit them.

I get much the same thing.

I renovated my apartment block with new ceramic tiling, paint and sheet
vinyl in the bathrooms, vinyl composition floor tiles on the floor, new
carpets, paint, appliances, windows and kitchen counter tops.

And, now when I show suites to prospective tenants, they say "You've
done a wonderful job."

But, the bottom line is that the people saying that are just commenting
on whether or not they like what they SEE, which is largely going to be
determined by how well the colours of everything go together. None of
them know any of the reasons I chose the building materials I did or why
I installed them the way I did, so I'm being told I've done a good job
by someone who wouldn't know a good job from a bad one.

People just try to be friendly, and I let them, but a compliment coming
from them really means "it looks like it might be well done; I really
don't know how well it's done".

Gotcha but would it made you feel better if they said it looked ****ty
or they weren't crazy about it g ??