Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default gas-oil mix

On 6/2/2013 11:24 AM, David L. Martel wrote:
I'm puzzled by your terminology. "Richer" means more gas, doesn't it? A
50:1 mix has more gas than a 40:1 mix. The 40:1 mix has more oil and less
gas.
I use 32:1 in everything. Don't observe fouled plugs or other problems.

Dave M.

you are exactly right, Dave. But i wasn't going to argue with the know
it alls in the group. If you use too much oil, you will actually make
the engine run hotter, because the oil is taking up space that would
normally be occupied by gasoline molecules, hence a LEANER mixture. The
Stihl man explained AND demonstrated (with electronic thermometers) this
to us in a seminar.

--
Steve Barker