Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Apartment maintenance workers are dumb

On Sunday, June 2, 2013 9:26:06 PM UTC-4, Steve wrote:
On Sunday, June 2, 2013 12:27:34 AM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

Steve wrote:

Last year my dishwasher started collecting nasty disgusting water in the bottom. None of us knew anything about fixing dishwashers so we assumed it was broken and called maintenance. Took them 7 weeks to 'fix' it, Their solution, after looking at it once for a few minutes, was to replace the whole unit with a brand new washer.

The next week, the new washer had the same problem, with nasty food water collecting at the bottom.

Talked to my Uncle, he clued me in to check on the drain pipe running between the washer and the garbage disposal unit. Like he suspected, the pipe was laying flat on the floor and the water was dripping down from the disposal into the washer.

I pulled the pipe up so it rose higher than the disposal, havent had the problem for a year now.

Hmmm,

Pot calling kettle black?

Not at all. They are supposed to be 'professionals', this is their job. Not only did it take them 7 weeks to address this simple problem, but they did not even correct the issue, which was as easy as elevating a piece of plastic tubing. Sure, I appreciate the new washer, but it didnt fix anything. You would think that people skilled enough to disassemble and install these units would also be able to read the instruction manual.

Read the instruction manual? That's heresy on this group!