Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Repairing a broken magnesium mower deck

On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 19:08:51 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I'll never understand why otherwise sane people want so much farkin',
blasted grass. Wasting good time, money, gasoline, fertilizer, and
ungodly amounts of water on something which maked their allergies
flare up and their noses run is beyond me.

FWIW, Larry, I water none at all. I fertilize none at all. I mow simply
because I want it to look nice.

OK. Works for me...I guess.

The cows do the fertilization, and Florida does the watering. If it
wilts in a drought, I just don't mow.

Bueno, Bwana.

If I made $30K a year, I wouldn't consider it. I'd just let it grow.
For now, I can afford the gas, and can _almost_ afford the time.

4hrs/week is a lot of time. Now that I've removed my entire front
lawn and am using a rider, mowing takes me only 35-40 minutes a week.

What if you just called it a "hobby". Would you object to spending the
money, then?

I _wouldn't_ call it a hobby, so I'd object. g

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732