Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Gandalf Joe Gandalf is offline

Default Repairing a broken magnesium mower deck

I've made a similar pitch to Angie, but to no avail. I guess it's the
English part of her heritage.

Not as bad, though, as when I used to tell her to stop wearing herself
out raking the damn leaves. I would say "They call them 'leaves'
because you're supposed to *leave* them alone." I used that line one
too many times. Now I just shrug.

Lest anyone think I just lay around the house, I do all the
maintenance work on all equipment (I call it "work" when Angie is
around), run the bush hog, cut down trees, then cut up trees (the 2
jobs seem to be at odds with one another), dig holes, build
greenhouses, etc, etc. I'm getting worn out just thinking about it.

Joe

On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 16:58:03 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I'll never understand why otherwise sane people want so much farkin',
blasted grass. Wasting good time, money, gasoline, fertilizer, and
ungodly amounts of water on something which maked their allergies
flare up and their noses run is beyond me.

Some books for those people:

Beautiful No-Mow Yards: 50 Amazing Lawn Alternatives by Hadden, Evelyn
The Edible Front Yard: The Mow-Less, Grow-More Plan for a Beautiful,
Bountiful Garden by Soler, Ivette

Lawn Gone!: Low-Maintenance, Sustainable, Attractive Alternatives for
Your Yard by Penick, Pam

The New American Front Yard: Kiss Your Grass Goodbye by Sarah Sutton
(My sister edited this for her friend Sarah.)

Food Not Lawns: How to Turn Your Yard into a Garden And Your
Neighborhood into a Community by Flores, Heather

Cheers!