Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Is this baby snake coiled up outside a gopher snake or a rattler?

On Jun 2, 2:51*pm, Danny D wrote:
On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 14:13:02 -0700, Oren wrote:
Kill that snake RIGHT now. *Shoot it. *Rattlers can bite you

I try not to kill anything I don't have to; so I put it in a
spare blue bucket with a secure top, and will take it a
few acres away and let it go.
*http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/13218972.jpg

Thanks for the identification help; when they're adults,
they're easier to tell (because of the rattle) but young
ones are harder (the rattle is smaller).

I've seen gopher snakes with similar markings (and a similar
fake rattle, but they have more slender heads and round eyes).

I still haven't gotten a good look at the eyes (slit vs
round) but I do agree the head shape could be pit viper.

Thanks.

Our tax dollars at work

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74119.html