Andrew Gabriel

Default Alternative to a radiator balancing thermometer

In article ,
"mutley" writes:
Any satisfactory alternatives to a 'proper' thermometer for balancing
radiators? I don't want to buy a special one for just one job, and I have
plenty of mercury/alcohol glass tube thermometers, which could be used with
some adaptation.

You could get a tube of heat sink compound and dab a dot on the
radiator feeds so it makes good thermal contact with the thermometer
bulb.

I used an electronic probe thermometer, but still used heatsink
compound to make a good thermal contact. Otherwise temperature
reading drifts all over the place.

--
Andrew Gabriel